Sunday, March 30, 2008

Farewells, New Ventures

This morning I visited with Andrew Britton's mother. The service and wake were last Tuesday. Raleigh Memorial Gardens, a military location, is Andrew's final resting place stateside, with an Irish memorial to take place later this year. Annie stated author Brad Thor sent her a thoughtful email regarding his view of Andrew's talent. Annie gave me a memorial service prayer card which I will treasure as I face my own new venture into medical or scientific editing. The new frontier is always fraught with the unknown, so Andrew will be my talisman.

I already have some experience in software technical editing, plus I served as a guest editor for two editions of a student nurse anesthetist publication. Slowly I am building a portfolio. I will know more after the local chapter American Medical Writers Association workshop in May 2008.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can u please contact me. My Grandma is related to Adoniram. Hanley5634@hotmail.com

Thanks
Steve